Weatherzone is proud to launch the latest versions of our free and paid iPhone apps. The changes have been substantial in order to provide our customers with the best weather service available on the iPhone.
Both apps have had the core application and data access layer rewritten to make them faster and more scalable. Key changes include:
- Unlimited favourites.. yes unlimited!
- Push Notifications allow you to be kept up to date with warnings, forecasts and observations even when you’re not using our app.
- Weatherzone Pro (formerly Silver) login. Show lightning data on National and Local radars.
- New layout and design with observations, next 48hrs and 7 day forecast all together on the main screen.
- New Next 18hrs forecast graph showing our exclusive Opticast 3hr forecast. Icon, temperature and chance of rain graph shows how the day will unfold. It expands to show the next 48hrs in detail.
- Sunrise and sunset for next 7 days.
- New Past 24Hours graph and shows when the temperature changed and the rain fell for the past 24hours. A details tables displays other key metrics.
- New Marine section with 3 day forecast for coastal locations. New tide chart shows tides for the next 48hours. Moonrise and Moonset times completes the Marine section.
- Our new favourites management allows you to add and remove multiple locations at a time with its integrated location database that makes it even faster than before.
- Prefer feet for your tides or inches for the rainfall units? They can all be customised in the settings.